Friday 18 March 2011

Disneyland


This is what I wore to uni the other day. I got the Disneyland t-shirt from our local swap marketd for $1. It was high and tight around the neck so I cut it. I also cut the sleeves to shorten them. I have been doing this with lots of t-shirts lately, especially guys ones.

The skirt was originally an old nanna dress I bought a while ago at the Denmark second hand and dress up shop. It had big puffy sleeves and shoulder pads, luckily the waist was elastic and had a matching belt. I cut the top of the dress off about 1cm above the elastic (I haven't hemmed it...yet. Although it doesnt seem to be fraying too much!)
Oh, I nearly forgot, I went to a clothing swap party with a couple of friends on Wednesday night. It was interesting and pretty fun, we talked about sustainable fabrics and clothing while snacking on cup cakes and cucumber sandwiches...I'm interesed in going to other similar events...
The downfall was the lack of people there, seeing as it was such a good way to spend a wednesday night. I didnt find anything fantasic, but I cleared out my wardrobe, met some new people and had a chat.
It must be hard to make people attend small scale public events which are a bit out of the ordinary.

No comments:

Post a Comment