Tuesday 22 March 2011

60

I went home for the weekend and took a few pictures of things around my mums house.

Our street number.

This is my cat Sayuri who likes to sleep on top of the chicken hutch. Way too cute!
I decorated this terracotta pot with broken tiles for my mum to grow chillies in...look how successful it is!

The vege patch: here is some basil, a goosberry bush and a cucumber. Also mum has a few apple, lemon and lime trees along with lots of other vegetables.

A while ago I went through a phase of making these sun catchers out of wire and glass beads. Lucky mum has inherrited all of them and they dangle throughout the garden.


I got this fabric from the second hand shop and wrapped it around a canvas I had. It was a pretty cheap and easy way to add some colour to my room.
I went to a traditional basket weaving course at Fremantle Arts centre, this was the end result. It now spends it days relaxing with some Aboriginal tapping sticks and a wooden drum.


I did this pop art inspired painting about 5 yeas ago. The feathers were collected and framed by my aunty.
My checkered monkey man watches over the dining table.

No comments:

Post a Comment