Wednesday 18 May 2011

Cooking Apron

I'v never been able to convince myself to pay for a vintage apron, they seem pretty simple.
This is my first attempt...

1. Choose fabric for main apron section, cut out rectangle shape, 40cm x 55 cm
 2. Cut out strap, you need to cut 3 pieces, 10cm x 60 cm.
3. Ironing: on apron iron a hem on the bottom, right  and left side, fold 0.5cm in and iron, and repeat so all raw edges are folded under.
Iron the straps, fold in half length ways and iron, unfold and then refold the edges to the centre..
 (image below...
1: cut strap befor folding
2: Strap folded in half and ironed
3: strap edges folded to the centre, all raw edges should be hidden,
and the strap is now 1/4 of the original size)

4) Sew folded edges on the skirt,
5) Add details to the skirt like a ribbon trim and pockets...
6) Pleat the apron top and pin it inside of the strap,
 7) Sew along the folded strap, and join the 3 straps together and you go....

Next time I want it a bit longer, and my pocket turned out a bit saggy, so I need to figure out how to fix that.

No comments:

Post a Comment