Monday 28 February 2011

Evening,

Today I spent most of the morning altering an op-shop dress and turning another one in to a skirt. After that I decided today was the day to create my blog. It has taken me a good few hours to figure out exactly what im doing and despite a few failed attempts, here I am writing my first post.
I love looking for second hand clothes at markets, op-shops, garage sales and in my friends wardrobes. Along with clothing, im also always on the look out for vintage tins with cats and flowers on them, colorful old table cloths and and shiny trinkets.
Ultimatley I want to own only second hand, hand made or ethical clothing. I feel like this blog could help me to keep on track and also inspire others.We need  to take more interest in where our clothes come from, and start to understand the true environmental, social and economical costs they bring with them...
For now though, I think ill just upload some pictures of my tin collection so you can have a look, enjoy.
x





No comments:

Post a Comment